One of the missions here at PIOSocialMediaTraining.com is to highlight those already effectively using Social Media to reach their goals and provide information for you to get your Agency started and running in Social Media to connect with your communities using the best practices possible. With that in mind, we are now accepting nominations for who you would consider to be the Social Media Responder of 2009 using the e-mail form further down in this post or via Twitter (follow using the Twitter hashtag #SMR2009).
The #SMR2009 Nomination Period:
Begins at 12:01 am EST on Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Concludes at 11:59 pm EST on Thursday, December 10, 2009
Nominations Are Closed
The #SMR2009 Finalists and Open Voting Period
Five Finalists will be selected by our Esteemed Judges from the list of eligible Nominees, based on the following criteria:
- Complete Social Media Presence
- Use of Social Media to connect to their communities
- The Caliber of Nominees Tweets
- The Caliber of Online Postings and Social Media Conversations
- The Usability Caliber of Design Elements
Finalists will receive a copy of Julien Smith and Chris Brogan's book Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust
Begins at 12:01 am EST on Wednesday December 16, 2009
Concludes at 11:59 pm EST on Tuesday December 29, 2009
The winner will be announced on Thursday December 31, 2009
The winner will receive a free copy of Depiction mapping and simulation software and their two plugins
- To Nominate using the Twitter Service please follow this format:
- Place hashtag #SMR2009 at the beginning of your nomination
- Explain in 131 characters or less the REASON this user should be The Social Media Responder of 2009
- To Nominate using E-mail use the form below
- There is a one nomination per day limitation
- Everyone can nominate
- Nominees must be First Response or Public Safety providers
- Voting will be conducted at a page designated by PIOSocialMediaTraining.com via poll
- There is a one vote per day limitation
- Everyone is eligible to vote
- Anyone is able to nominate via Twitter or e-mail as prescribed above. You can nominate yourself or any person/organization using Social Media and is a First Responder or Public Safety provider.
- Nominations accepted via Twitter must be posted as a public Twitter post in 140 characters or less and must include the hashtag #SMR2009 at the beginning of the Tweet.
- Nomination Tweets should be in this format: #SMR2009 @Twittername b/c they (-explain the reason you are nominating this user-). Any URLs in the nomination Tweet are required to be relevant to the nominee.
- Nomination e-mails MUST include a URL for the actual nominee.
- Every valid Nomination Tweet and E-mail will place the nominee into contention to be a Finalist.
- Five (5) Finalists will be chosen from all the Nominees and will be announced on Wed. December 16, 2009.
- Finalists will have their name, photo/screenshot, and a biography/description posted at PIOSocialMediaTraining.com on the voting page. It will also be included in any written press releases/promotional materials and publications related to the "Social Media Responder 2009", and will receive a "Social Media Responder 2009 Finalist" graphic.
- Additional prizes may be announced.
- PIOSocialMediaTraining.com reserves the right to change these rules at anytime.
- Sponsorship inquiries are welcome.